top of page

Landlord Gas Appliances

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 as amended

specifically deal with the installation, maintenance and use of gas appliances,

fittings and flues in domestic and certain commercial premises. They place duties on landlords to ensure that gas appliances, fittings and flues provided

Gas safety checks - who needs them?

Gas safety checks - who needs them?

You must ensure that any gas appliances (permanent or portable), and gas flues that you own and provide for use by your tenants have regular gas safety checks.

For more information see Regulation (36)(1) of the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998

Gas safety checks are needed by:

Landlords Housing associations Local authorities Hotels and B&Bs Colleges Boarding schools Hostels

In hotels and B&Bs, you must arrange an annual gas safety check for any gas appliances serving guest accommodation even if it is sited away from the guest accommodation.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page